Technicians/Installer/Fiber Optic Specialist
- Asist with testing and termination of cable systems.
- Supervise or be part of a team in installation and maintenance of communication systems.
- Adjust voice and video configurations to minimize communication disruptions.
- Provide training and support to telecommunications personnel.
- Investigate customer issues and design appropriate solutions.
- Order and maintain inventory stock supplies.
- Maintain effective communication with project manager regarding project milestones, inventory, crew, etc..
- Pulling and routing CAT 5E/6/6A; COAX, and AV cable.
- Terminating phone jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- Previous experience (1 Year) in telecommunications, electrical engineering, or other related fields.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent documentation abilities.
- Familiarity with telecommunications equipment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good driving record.
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards.
- Experience running or bending conduit.
- Experience with digital multi-meters and testing cable.
- Troubleshooting networking issues.
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels.
- Fiber experience including fusion splicing (mass and single), Anaerobic Terminations, SC, LC, FC, ST Connectors.
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams.
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc..
- Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Teknon is committed to safety and you must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to being offered employment.
Teknon Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Teknon Corporation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Teknon Corporation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Teknon Corporation's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.